Tuesday, May 27, 2008

I Tri(ied) and it rained

Woke up early on Memorial day (5:30am...for me....wow) so I could complete my registration and pick up my race packet. Fairly nervous. 1st triathlon and even though it was for beginners, I had trained all by myself and was there completely solo. Never had anyone show me or walk me through a transition setup, what to expect, etc. Got that all straightened away, put on my tighty speedos and went for body marking.

My goal for the day: Finish in less than 1hr. 200m swim, 8.5 mile bike, and 2 mile run. The sprint of all sprints. Even so, still my 1st.


Lining up for the start of the swim got the adrenaline going. I was #92 of 350 participants. Jumped in, got passed twice, hopped out and was in full swing. The juice was definitely flowing. Ran to the bike staging area and had a terrible 1st transition. Couldn't get my shirt on....seriously pissed me off but ended p getting on the bike and started cranking away. Felt pretty good. 3 big hills but most difficult part was the headwind for the majority of the ride. Tough. Made it through the ride and back to the staging area. Had a good transition I felt like and started running. My legs were feeling it but I didn't feel bad. Heart rate was up and just told myself to keep going. Then it was over. Came across the line, felt kinda high, and....it was over. I stuck around and cheered on some other racers. Wanted to wait around to see times and get some grub/hydration.

Times posted: 6th in my group. Total time - 54:47

Now I just need to decide if I'm going to do the McMinville tri on June 28th......


Was going to work on the bike after I got back, but it rained. Perfect excuse for slow cooking some ribs and lying around on a Memorial day.

No comments: